Enjoying a nice breakfast, lunch, or dinner when going out to eat with your family should be an opportunity for everyone to relax. But going out to restaurants with young kids can often turn into a stressful balancing act. Dealing with everything from screaming and crying to picky eaters who can’t find anything on the menu, dining out with kids can end up being more demanding than relaxing. That’s why finding kid-friendly restaurants is so important for parents and families. Finding restaurants that welcome kids can help lessen worries about the experience you may face while dining out.
Here are a few kid-friendly restaurants in the Polaris Columbus area:
- Sweet Carrot: Located on the east side of I-71 on Polaris Parkway, this recently opened fresh casual restaurant serves “made-from-scratch comfort foods.” It features a great kids menu with plenty of kid favorites such as grilled cheese and mac ‘n’ cheese.
- Carfagna’s Kitchen: Located just a few minutes from Polaris Fashion Place, on the east side of I-71, Carfagna’s Restaurant is a family-owned and operated establishment since 1937. Carfagna’s serves homemade Italian dishes at a great value and includes a children’s menu with a variety of kid’s favorites.
- Sunny Street Café: Offering creative prehistoric-themed menu options for the kiddos, such as “Dinosaur Pancakes,” “Pterodactyl Eggs,” and “Jurassic Grilled Cheese,” Sunny Street Café is the ideal place for families to go for breakfast or lunch in the Polaris Columbus area.
- Scramblers: With nine locations in the Columbus Area, Scramblers is another great brunch spot offering fun kids dishes such as “Smiley Face Pancakes.” Scramblers also hosts evening events, such as bridal and baby showers, family gatherings, and holiday parties, for groups of 25-200.
- 101 Beer Kitchen: With much more than adult beverages and three locations in the Columbus area, 101 Beer Kitchen offers food, drinks, and brunch menus for kids and adults. The kid’s menus include a main dish, two sides, a drink, and a special sweet treat all for $6.00.
At Prep Academy Schools, we encourage families to seize opportunities to spend time with one another in different settings. We believe that going out to restaurants is a great way for families to open channels of communication with their children. Dining out at kid-friendly restaurants in the Polaris Columbus Area is also a great opportunity to teach children valuable life skills such as creating good first impressions, being polite and using good manners.